I’ve forgotten my password
Select the ‘Forgotten password’ option on the app sign in screen. Give us your email address and we’ll walk you through the simple steps to reset your password.
How do I add a new payment card?
Once you have logged in select ‘Profile’ icon in the top right corner.
Click on ‘Wallet’ at the bottom of the page and tap ‘Add New Card’. You will need to provide your card type, card number, expiry date, the name on your card and CVV.
What if I want to use multiple smartphones?
You can use this mobile app on multiple smart phones. Simply download the app on the other smartphone and use the same “Email” and “Password” to log in as you used on this phone.
What if my credit card expires soon?
No problem, simply go to the ‘Profile’ section of the mobile app and choose ‘Wallet’. You can choose to ‘Add new card’ or ‘edit’ your current card in this section.
What are friendly credit hours?
Our friendly hours of credit means that we’ll never cut you off 23 hours a day Monday to Friday or at weekends or bank holidays!
Your power will only disconnect between 2 pm and 3 pm if your balance has dropped below £0 before 2 pm and you have not topped up. If your balance is still below zero and it reaches 2 pm, your power will disconnect.
However, the amount of electricity you use during these Friendly Credit Hours will be deducted from your next top up so we’d always advise customers to keep themselves in credit to avoid that rush to top up.
If I switch away from Avid Energy in the future, will I be charged for having my smart meters removed by a new supplier?
Our meters meet the government’s smart meter specification; so another supplier shouldn’t need to change your meters. However, in the event they do need to change your meters to maintain your supply, they are not allowed to charge you. If you require your meters to be removed for any other reason, we advise you discuss the matter with your new supplier for clarification.
Why do I have two balances?
You will see two balance if you are dual fuel customers with Avid Energy. The Avid Energy app will display an electricity balance and a gas balance separately. You can top up each balance separately.
How do I top up in the shop?
If you wish to top up in your local PayPoint outlet, select the ‘Shop’ tab on the app home page. You can display an electricity or gas barcode depending on which meter you wish to top up. Simply show the barcode to the shop assistant to scan to complete the top up.
What is Auto?
Auto Top Up is a really handy way to manage your balance. Simply select a minimum balance and once your meter reaches this amount it will top up your meter with an amount of your choosing Example Top me up by £20 when my balance reaches £15.
I think I’m using too much energy. What can I do?
There’s plenty you can do in your house to reduce your energy consumption. Try these tips below save on the energy you use:
Natural drying: Avoid tumble-drying by letting your clothes dry naturally. It’s better for the environment and for your pocket.
Insulate: Fit a good quality 80mm (3”) lagging jacket around your water tank. This will insulate the tank, keeping the water warmer for longer.
30°C washes just as clean! Most modern detergents work perfectly at 30ºC. It should say so on the box!
Defrost your freezer: There shouldn’t be more than a quarter of an inch of ice in the box.
Lower the temperature: Dropping the temperature of your hot water tank or central heating by just 5°C will make a real difference to your spend!
Boil only what you need: Don’t fill the whole kettle for one cup of tea.
Can I check my tariff prices?
Up-to-date tariff prices and unit rates can be found here
Is there a minimum or maximum top-up
The amount that you can top-up be varied by payment method
- PayPoint outlets min 10, max 150 a time
- App min 10 max 150
If my top-up doesn’t automatically credit my meter, what do I do?
No need to panic, the top-up should arrive automatically but in the unlikely event that it doesn’t, it is very simple to enter it manually. You can find your vend code in the history section of the app, just look for the ‘clock’ icon. Select the top up using the correct date and it will display your 20 digit vend code.
To enter your code on the meter:
- Press A on the Gas or Electricity meter
- enter the vend code
- Press B to confirm. This will add the top up credit to your meter.
If your top up has not been successful, you may need to wake the meter to exit standby mode.
To do this, Press the B button on either the gas or electricity meter. This will wake the meter and light up the display. Once the display is lit, you should now press A to enter vend move.
The screen should now display “vend mode” and at this point, you can re-enter your code.
If your vend code has been successful you should see the following.
- ACCEPTED: this means your vend code has been accepted and your money has been credited to your electricity or gas balance.
If you see one of the following, your vend code has not been accepted.
- REJECTED DUPLICATE means your vend code has already been accepted and credited to your electricity or gas meter
- REJECTED INCORRECT mean the vend code has been entered incorrectly.
- REJECTED INCOMPLETE means the vend code has not been fully entered and there are not enough digits.
- KB LOCK Means a vend code has been entered incorrectly too many times This will display for a short period of time but will increase each time another incorrect vend code is entered. Please allow 15-20 minutes before entering your vend code again.
- REJECTED INVALID usually means the vend code is being entered at the wrong meter, however, if you have checked that it is the right meter, there may be another issue – in this case, please call our Customer Care Team on 0330 022 6117
What happens if I run out of credit?
If your meter runs out of credit at any time of day, your meter will not disconnect if you are in ‘Friendly Credit Hours’. Friendly Credit Hours are all day except 2pm-3pm.
If you are not within Friendly Credit Hours and your balance drops below zero, the meter will disconnect between 2 pm and 3 pm and you will need to top up your meter to reconnect the power.
Will I be disconnected if I run out of credit completely?
If you are outside Friendly Credit Hours you will disconnect if you do not keep your meter balance topped up. As with all prepayment meters, if you run your credit down to zero and get disconnected, you will need to top-up so you are in positive credit in order to get your supply back on.
How do I restore power to my meter?
To restore power, you simply need to top up. Once you have topped up, you must press the A button followed by the B button on your grey wall meter in order to restore power to your property”
Will I ever get a bill or statement from Avid Energy?
As with pay-as-you-go mobile phones, you will never receive any bills through your letterbox because you pay for all your energy upfront. Once you have been with us for 12 months, you will receive an annual statement every year – this is for your reference only and is not payable.
Gas Safety – what do I do if I smell gas? –
- If you smell gas or think that you may have gas leak, please call the National Gas Emergency Helpline 0800 111 999. If you are using a mobile phone then go outside first.
- Open doors and windows for ventilation and leave the building to go outside.
- Do not smoke or strike matches or use naked flames.
- Do not turn electrical switches on or off until you are told it is safe to do so.
- Keep people away from the affected area.
- If it is safe to do so, turn the gas off at the meter and leave it off until the National Grid engineer has inspected the meter.
- If an electrical security entry lock or phone is fitted at the entry to area where the meter is located, then this must not be operated. The door must be opened manually.
- If you feel unwell, seek medical attention immediately.