- Turn your thermostat down: Reducing your room temperature by small amounts can save you more than you’d expect over the course of the year.
- Turn your hot water down. Just 5°C will make a big difference.
- Fit a good quality 80mm (3”) lagging jacket around your water tank. This will insulate the tank, keeping water warmer for longer.
- When cooking, cover saucepans with lids where possible to reduce cooking time.
- Grilling food uses less energy than oven cooking and it takes less time.
- Drawing curtains will reduce the amount of heat escaping through your windows.
Once you have had a smart meter installed, it will be even easier for you to keep track of your energy usage and carbon emissions. Our Smart PrePay System displays your credit balance in real-time and lets you monitor and control your usage in real time. It’s very handy because it allows you to see which appliances are costing you the most money, not just during the winter, but right throughout the year!
Using a smart meter in prepayment mode means our customers can gain even more control over their spending, as they can see how their usage affects their credit levels in real time.